Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First Decorated Cake

Hey guys, I just came back from my decorating class! This is the second night so we get the chance to actually decorate our cake and will keep decorating the following 4 classes! so in total I will have 5 finished cake by the end of the whole class.

Here is my very first decorated cake.



 It was a very enjoyable experience! And, learned that I can pretty much apply drawing skills cake decorating. The way I see is that I am simply switching my medium from pencil into a cake bag of frosting.

For class we learned to make small stars, and a simple border. We also learned how transfer a image (the painters palette) onto the cake. This is really good for those who are not confident in drawing skills, but can simply trace a desirable image onto the cake.

Besides that, making color frosting and we also learn penmanship to write effectively and cleanly on a cake like a professional.

Will post another cake next tuesday class. Until than, happy cake day!

No comments:

Post a Comment