Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Daily Paintings-July

Just a few small paintings I have done this month, plus one, last month.

Still Life of Nectarine in Bowl-Watercolor
Still life of Onions and Glass Jar-Oils
Still Life of Nectarine-Watercolor
Still of Red Nectarine-Oils


These last two paintings are experimental for fun mix medium of using watercolor and acrylic. I was curious to see if I can dilute down acrylics into washes, and for the most part you can. I also want to try in the future of using these 2 mediums again, but maybe treat the acrylic with less water and more "opaque" like in oils.


Still life of Jars filled with Water-Mix Medium
Still Life of Red candy-Mix Medium

3 comments:

  1. "Just a few small paintings"?!?!!!?? Excuse your face! These are fantastic studies as always. There's always a slight sense of whimsical to them with the colours. I hope to paint studies like these myself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Armando! All your studies are looking great! My only suggestion would be to play up the colors even more, like making objects in the back duller to bring out the subjects in the front more. The overlapping fruits are blending in together, push for more contrast!

    You wanted to try landscapes too right? I found out about this amazing watercolor artist a few days ago and I think you'd love his work... if you don't already know him!
    http://www.alvarocastagnet.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the critique Dianna, its appreciated. I need to remind myself to do that, and not give every object equal attention, but to play more with the color like you said.

      As for the watercolor landscape, it looks amazing! Now I am curious to attempt it in watercolor rather than digital!

      Delete