Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Paint Tubes!

I recently visited the art store to buy some new watercolor paints. As I paint more in watercolor, the inevitable happens of running out of a certain essential color. So I went to store, and bought me 3 colors.

Top priority that I needed was lemon yellow, one of the main primary colors I need for essential color mixing. and 2 extras that I have been interested in buying.

Ultramarine violet, a nice straight forward violet since its can be difficult to achieve a pure violet thats may have too much red or blue.

Last but least, Opera rose, a very saturated bright pink (like a typical bright pink rose color, you see in rose gardens). I bought this paint sincee there are time I really need to add a punch of saturation to my reds or I simply need a bright pink. Since to get "pink" in watercolor, you need to add water, which make it a very tint/light pink. which wasn't working for me. Here are the tubes of paint I bought, they are 2 in a half inches long, and about a 1 inch in width.




Since I am serious about making watercolor painting one of my main working mediums, I took the time to invest and buy the "Professional Quality Paint" and not student grade. As my art teacher says, if your serious about a medium, first buy the cheap brands to learn it. Than slowly replace your supplies as they run out with better/higher quality brand. These little paint tubes were almost about 12-15 bucks each! 30-35 dollars in total! but its worth it in the long run if your a serious painter.

Here is also some quick small scanned paint test I did. The paint tubes contains high amount of beautiful saturated hues. I look forward to using these paint in future paint projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment